In SummaryTory Lanez and his defense team reportedly discuss reaching a plea deal in the case involving him and Megan Thee Stallion.
Alleged shots were fired last year and Canadian rapper Tory Lanez, is currently discussing a plea deal for the shooting involving Megan Thee Stallion. According to Complex, Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Kathy Ta informed Rolling Stone the parties were in a “possible settlement discussion.”
In the event that the plea deal is not met by Nov. 3, preliminary hearings will begin in December and witnesses will be called.
Last October, Lanez was charged with felony assault with a semi-automatic firearm and carrying a loaded unregistered firearm in a vehicle. It was alleged that the Canadian rapper shot Megan Thee Stallion in the foot after an argument between the two last summer.
The defense team plans to maintain its position of Lanez being innocent if the case does go to trial, according to his defense attorney Shawn Holley. “As in every case, the lawyers for the parties discuss the possibility of resolving the case,” Holley said. “This case is no different. That said, our position as to what did and did not happen in this matter remains unchanged, and [Lanez’s] plea of not guilty stands.”
Lanez’s bail was increased from $190,000 to $250,000 when he violated the protective order granted to Megan Thee Stallion. Lanez appeared on the Rolling Loud stage in Miami to join the stage with DaBaby last July, TMZ reports.